Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mini-Earthquake.

Today we experienced in the Tri-State area the tremors of a 5.8 earthquake that happened in the DC & Virginia. To those of you who are out there I hope things are ok with you & your families. The city is crazy right now with this, even calling home to my Mom in Long Island & checking in to NJ they said it scared them. Now we're being told that there is supposed to be an aftershock of 6.2 around 6pm. I will try getting home as quick and fast as possible.

My phone isn't making too many outgoing calls, only some not others. It won't take incoming (although they all go to voicemail any way because of the setting I have), still can't get to voicemail. Even the phones at the office are giving us a hard time calling out to some numbers. People have stepped outside the building, scared. I can't blame them, it's something they aren't used to, something NYC hasn't experienced in sooooo long!

This shall be an interesting remaining year. I wonder how we'll go into 2012.

5 comments:

  1. wow. I saw it in the news! it's crazy how things happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I hope you're okay. And everyone else is okay. I didn't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your fine A-dria. I was in Hampton Bays when it happened. the effects didn't reach that far East on Long Island. Hope nothing else comes of this. Stay sharp and yes, your 2012 will be amazing. I believe in you Chica

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was crazy. I thought someone was under my bed and got scared and looked under lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Bear, Dari, Q, Dee - it's crazy what everything comes to. We were do for one on the east coast & the reasoning behind why so many people felt is in other states was because "our core is colder then the west coast." I mean I GUESS =/

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats