Monday, July 11, 2011

ShortyPop.

This from my first shoot.
What kills me is how things from two years ago will always come up because of the internet. Am I mad? In no way would I be. I can honestly sit here & say that when I did work with Chandler & ShortyPop back in 2009 it was an awesome experience. I remember my first shoot I had my friend Beans there with me. She was completely supportive of me showing my body & just having fun. My second shoot I actually had a 'Girl on Girl' shoot with Jesicka. Now that - THAT WAS MY FAVORITE! Obviously because it was with a gorgeous female, but at the same time because Jesicka & I just did whatever & enjoyed all that it was. The video Chandler has posted on YouTube was pretty awesome, especially the kiss we had going. I got to kiss her several times, might I add, it's fun kissing your straight friends. :)

My second shoot with Jesicka.
So this morning when I saw a Polaroid of myself going around so much time later & it exposing my body, I thought to myself "Wow! That was me when I just turned 21. What a way to go into that year." LOL. I really had all the support, even from my mother. Like she said "Screw it you live once, just do it!" I did! & I regret not one moment because it was all such an enjoyable experience. More than anything looking at that picture this morning it made me realize something about myself; I really didn't care about my body then, I felt good about it. I was so into just doing whatever & not caring, that I see it now & say "I'm too scared to even consider doing that." I guess my health (although I was sick then) took a greater toll on me within the past year. It made me more conscience about what I do & what I show. Not for one second though do I not look at the pictures that I have & the picture that is posted & tell myself, "DAMN, I REALLY WAS BALLSY!" Not a slut, a whore, tricking around at all - at that time I was even dating someone who said it would be awesome to do. I just felt FREE! & that sense of freedom about myself, about my body, I haven't had in a long time.

Now to people who are posting it, or blogging it, they might see it as something else. That doesn't bother me, I'm fine with that. But I can say when I did that I got to be apart of something that was hype at the moment & even a girl in Cali purchased a damn polaroid of Jesicka & I kissing. Before ShortyPop was purchased by Supreme in March of 2010, I got to do something I felt was liberating. Everyone is different, people will see it differently, but looking at that picture I am proud that I did a half nude shoot. Hey, it is what it is. I feel I have no reason to be ashamed, it was an experience in my life that I can now look at & remember two years ago & how it all went down.

Good morning everyone!
- Ahlexandria

10 comments:

  1. I might sound very late, but I didnt know supreme used to be shortypop. lol. I've only known it as supreme.
    Anyways, the pictures are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dari,
    Supreme was always Supreme. ShortyPop was just a competitor that Supreme had, especially because it was more designed towards women, but catching the male (& female) eye. Supreme bought over ShortyPop in March. I was actually surprised for the amount it was bought over for, but hey all the money it made + the money he got, can't really go wrong. Now Chandler is doing a brand with an artist he used to work with. Pretty interesting. :)

    Thank you about the pictures. When I saw the one of me posing with my breast out I was just like "Goodness! I really did that." & hey, I was so carefree, so who cares. Time changes a lot of things. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... I didn't know you had all that back there! Lmao. You have a donk, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    That was such a long time ago! LOL. I mean two years is a long time ago in my eyes. Thank you though. It was fun, I was just so carefree. Thank you hun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esspi!
    LMFAO you're too much. Thank you. Now I kind of hide it. I also wear loosely fitted things because of the bloating of my stomach from my colon & uterus.

    Thank you though Esspi!
    BTW I try commenting on your blog & it never goes through. =/ Like it's upsetting me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And your body is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! And your body ia beautiful! And like ashley said, I wish i had your guts! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mala Legacy,
    Why thank you! :) My body has changed over time because of some health issues. I am more conscious about my body now, as you've read. & it was FUN! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lmao, just saying! A few people were telling me they couldn't comment either... and then some other girl just e-mailed me a few days ago telling me how to fix it. I think I fixed it, check it out & let me know!

    XOXO, Ess.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats