Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Post About Tumblr.

I was reading my friend Beans' blog & her friend Gio posted the most amazing thing ever to describe Tumblr & how impersonal it has become for bloggers.
Tumblr
Is getting infested with the same rats that scurry through Facebook and myspace. You cant post anything originally because most people just save it and repost it themselves. Not to mention, people throwing up millions of pictures of themselves and asking people to follow them based on their appearance because they have this desperation for their 15 minutes of fame. And all these ignorant questions and people arguing with others who they haven’t even met. I feel bad for you. I really do, you must not be able to function in society because your so used to having this Internet persona. you know damn well in real life, YOU AINT SHIT. These social networks have seriously mentally impaired our generation. Yeah, you may some slick shit on the Internet but thts excuse you have the biggest resource of knowledge in front of you, you don’t have facial confrontation, and you have time to think about what your going to say. In person 95% of y’all would not even think about saying something you would online. Wether if it’s because your a pussy or because your brain can work fast enough to actually have a comeback.
I know people are probably thinking “so delete your tumblr”. Fuck that! Why don’t you all stop being juvenile losers, go out, explore, and BE YOURSELF.
How beautiful is that?! Exactly what I think of Tumblr, exactly how I feel & many others. I won't be back on Tumblr for a while, even if the amount of followers were a lot more then I'm receiving by moving my .com to Blogger. It happens, but I rather know someone is looking into my blog for what is said, not just pictures of myself & the typical posts being made on pages.

9 comments:

  1. I love this post!
    Tumblr has change drastically. I use it as something to do while Im bored, just blog & have fun. Now others think
    Its a popularity contest, and daily i see people using it to gain popularity over the internet. Thats the thing though, its the internet. If tumblr got shut down tomorrow, those who strive to be "famous" over the internet like your friend said "wouldn't be shit" People need to calm down and just do what tumblr is there for, blogging. Stop worrying about their follower count, stop worrying about how many notes they can get, just blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you're email, and I would love to help with the layout & banner. You dont need to pay me anything! I offered to help you :)
    what did you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i can sayis that i wish there was a "like" or "love" button for this because that's what it deserves. i've been on tumblr for about two years now, and although it's a very short time conpared to many people, i've seen some changes that are unattractive and disheartening. individualism isn't there anymore. everybody (well, almost everybody) wants to be just like the next but yet still out-do everyone else. last time i checked it was tumblr, not high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dari & Ash,
    When I saw the posting I was just in AWE by it! It seriously blew me away. I know before I deleted Tumblr (I had them for about 3 years), I wrote a post indicating the same exact thing. It has turn into some place where Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/LastFM/Flickr has all joined forces. The ridiculous amount of drama it causes on top of the unoriginal people that constantly reblog things that no one gives a damn about (well at least me). -Sigh- "Bloggers" have changed. People want to call themselves bloggers, but REAL BLOGGERS are definied by the content they WRITE/TYPE & pictures from their eyes or of THEMSELVES. That's my personal opinion on the matter.

    Thanks for the feedback ladies. If you have Tumblr follow the links I added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dari,
    If you could e-mail me back that would be great. :] We can discuss things going further & how awesome you are for helping me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure thing, :) if you could send me a email at dee_greenwood@yahoo.com, I accidently deleted your email with every other email. I actually made 2 banners for you to look at, and If you have more ideas that's fine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dari, e-mailed you! :) You're the bestest. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layout!

    The reasons that you've listed are the exact reasons why I deleted my tumblr. I used to love it, but when I realized what most of the people were all about, I figured that I'd just stick to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla,
    Thank you so much. I was being a pest & Dari (http://www.jaellexo.com) did a wonderful job at creating different banners for me & finding backgrounds to go with it. I am going to update the layouts more often so it gives the readers something more to be interested in.

    & as for Tumblr, where do you blog now? I've considered going back to Tumblr just to post my pictures & other things & to gain a good group of followers. But for now the few that I have are absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats