Friday, July 29, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie.

I just started reading this book yesterday. I am completely addicted to it & would love to live the way this man did, with his mentality. All these books that I've read that are self improvement are just incredible. Although I am no where near done with the book I just wanted to share a quote that I really liked from it: "So many people wlak around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

I suggest that everyone grabs this book from Amazon, or even in a thrift like I did. I purchased it for $1.50 after being determined to read it when a girl had it on the train. I honestly would have paid the $15 in a regular book store.

4 comments:

  1. YES!!! I read it only on the train so three small train rides & I'm half way through. I woke up early today at 6:30 considering to read it but forced myself back to sleep. Lol I love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this - i'm on a "self help kick" and needed a new book..
    and i don't think i ever got your email =( if you're still on twitter, dm it to me. if not, maybe i can get it from steff? or should i just leave mine here for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash :) It's a self help book but relates the authors life and a person in his life. So it shows you a different way of living especially due to the circumstances they are dealing with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats