Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thrift Shopping.

If you haven't seen my previous posts on thrifting you should check them out: post 1, post 2. I finally decided to go crazy again, since I've been itching, & go to the thrift shop near my house once it opened. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't. Today though I spent $112 on myself, my mother & two friends of mine. I must say, money well spent & I ended up getting a ton of things.

There is only one picture that I didn't get & that was of the suit I got my mother. She wears suits for work & I found one that was half off from $21 to $10.50. I was a happy camper, but not as happy as her when she saw it. She was thrilled, when I mean thrilled I mean "OMG! Vic (her fiance), this is the same brand that we saw at the mall in Florida & it was going for $200+!" Yeah, I'd be happy too if my daughter got me a beautiful suit for $10.50 that is priced for over $200 in stores.

My other purchases were all for me, my favorites I will note. I went all out, & although some weren't exactly HALF off like I intended on just buying, they were still great finds. :)

One of these books are for my friend Maria. Also with the exception of two books the rest were half off. I really couldn't go wrong buying tons of books for $10.

All the belts were half off. :) I figured it would be a nice touch to an outfit if I decided to dress up in some kind of way. Since I'm completely fashionless, I would at least try.

The Hush Puppies in the bottom left are for my friend Maria. She's spoiled to death, but she is also one of my closest friends for almost a decade. Her birthday is coming up & even if it's used, she loves the little things. The top right are BCBG wedges & when I saw them & realized I was only paying $10 for them, I wasn't complaining at all. My favorite shoe purchase are the Aldo oxfords.
Aren't they just the cutest damn pair of shoes ever?! I've been looking for oxfords that I would really like & for half off, only paying $14.50, I said "Screw it! You're coming home with me." (Yes I talk to objects that I know don't even speak back).

Skirts! It's that time of season to collect more skirts. The khaki skirt is for my friend KD. I'm trying to get her into wearing some skirts, but she approved of them. The black & white skirt wasn't half off, but it was a nice price for Forever 21. & the olive green - brown buttoned skirt is past the knees, has pockets & goes nice with a pair of brown sandals/heels I purchased within this month. :)

Once again another item for KD. She liked the army fatigue shorts, let's just hope they fit her. & the knee length shorts are for the summer. I hope I can pair them nicely with some flats and a shirt.

$1.50 cargo (on the right) just for toss on & go. & some slacks that I paid $2.

Brand new forever 21 shirt that I got for $7 instead of the $12.80 it says on the tag. A jean faded button down shirt that was half off & a colorful plaid shirt that I can toss on, also half off.

This oversized sweater has to be my FAVORITE FIND! I've been in search of one, but I've been seeing prices anywhere from $25 & up. Also they aren't woven like this & as thick as this. For $5 I couldn't go wrong at all. I mean, it would have been nice if the orange tag was half off, but I settled for $5. Also my new purple bag - half off $2.50.

Like I've stated previously, I am not a fashionista. But when I do find some amazing deals, I would love to share it with others. Hopefully this gives people more of an incentive to go out & check some thrift shops. You never know what you can find & how much you can save. Although I spent $112, I got a ton of things for the price. Not everything was half off, but coming home looking like Santa Claus was well worth it.

Happy Shopping!
- Ahlexandria

6 comments:

  1. if you're going to read "eat pray love", let me know what you think of it. i'm curious to see if i'm the only person who didn't go crazy over it like everyone else..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! U just finished reading "The girl with the dragon tattoo" Now reading "The Girl Who Played With Fire" "Eat Love Pray" is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to finish "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff It's Just Small Stuff" Ash, so once I'm done I'm either going to start "Eat Pray Love" or "Connected". I'm going to rate it though for you on the ones that I do read.

    Nelly, Ash seems to have felt differently about the book. This is interesting. Let's see which way I fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! seems like you had an extremely successful trip to the thrift store. i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria, THANK YOU! Sometimes I get lucky sometimes it's a complete flop. There's even a thrift shop online. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats