Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GREAT NEWS!

Lately things have been extremely busy. I’ve been trying to find more ways of occupying my time. I’m looking into expanding my hobbies & taking extra classes.

Anyways,
The reason for this post is the TITLE! I have GREAT NEWS! :) It’s been hard to stay happy lately, I’ve been very stressed & down in the dumps. Between my health, life & other things, it has definitely been taking a toll on me. So, when I got the news that I did, I couldn’t reject the offer. It worked out well because I have a doctors appointment that same day.

A very good friend of mine has one of the most important days of her life coming up. She has been handling so much, going through so much & when she asked me to attend her graduation I couldn’t say no. I e-mailed for the day off for my doctors & made sure my appointment would be in the morning so I am out of there on time to make it to her special day. It was so important to her that I even requested for the day with no pay & made sure that I would be there.

I can’t even explain my excitement, how honored I feel. I get the chills thinking about it. Steff, I am ready to see you in your cap & gown. I am ready to see all the years that you’ve invested into college be worth it when you receive your diploma. I have to say this just makes me feel that much closer to you by you even thinking of having me there. I am ready to see you smile, to see you cry & to see you at your most joyous state. Although I am attending an appointment earlier, trust me I am going to smile no matter what news I am given. That day is your day, you are the only person that matters today & I will be apart of it.

To my readers/followers – I think that news is fantastic! I can’t even explain how it makes me feel to know I was asked to be apart of a day that is going to be forever remembered by her.

Now to search my clothes to find a nice dress to wear. :) Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. crossing fingers it doesn't rain that day or the day before, summer-ish dresses always work. if it is or has been rainy, don't wear heels. if they have her's on the same lawn they had mine, the mud is horrible. bring a cardigan because it can be a bit breezy. i hope the doctor goes well and it's a wonderful day for both of you! congrats steff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Great post!

    xoxo
    http://145thandchloe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's dope! What's her major. Good luck to your friend in her career ♥. Hmm, I'm not sure what day it is but if it falls on a nice sunny/warm day, you can't go wrong with a sun dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esspi - She majors in Sociology, minors in Pshycology. She wants to work with the LGBTQ community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, thanks for the advice. I have two shoes both open toed, flats and heels same color to go with a dress that I choose. I am going to do a summer dress, just want it to be nice for the entire day.

    Esspi - thank you as well. I can always use the fashion advice. :)

    Chloe! Thank you a ton. I am very happy for this day. Although I will be seeing my doctors earlier for some testing, I can't wait to see one of my dearest friends graduate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats