Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Losing Friendships.

Friendships seem to be a relationship that a lot of people take for granted. People never seen to value what a friend does for them because they are used to their acts of kindness. They are so sure that their friend will always just be there.

Many people don't realize that they can lose a friendship over something so simple as not saying thank you, not sticking by their words, not giving half of what is being given to them.

Friendships should not be based on material things, any relationship shouldn't for that matter. But when you are given something, a thank you & showing your appreciation can go a long way.

Very few times do we come across a person who can be one of our closest & loyal friends. When you find the friend who will circle the universe to help you, to guide you to your happiness, to support you entirely; that is a genuine person worth having in your life. A person who will stop it all just to be able to tend to your needs, or cater to you when you're at your worst; that friend is truly one in a kind.

Not many people realize the people who have done this. They are so self indulged that they forget how to just be a good friend in return. They also don't realize how they abuse the friendship they have, misuse the person being a good friend.

Take time out to evaluate friendships or relationships you have with people. Look at the weight that it holds for you. Think if it is someone positive in your life that you can be grateful for, or if what they're providing is just too much for you to handle. If you haven't said thank you or shown some sort of appreciation to those people now is the time that you should.

Just some food for the brain.
- Ahlexandria

4 comments:

  1. You're right. I would probably have a lot more friends(or any friends for that matter), if people were to make me feel appreciated. The lack of appreciation for my acts of kindness has led me to believe I am better off alone.

    By the way, thank you for thinking of me and the baby :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this earlier, too. I admit, I am not the most perfect friend in the world but I definitely love and cherish the relationships I have with people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria! You & the baby are precious. Reading your blog & what you go through & have gone through, I commend you for all your strength. You just need to remain positive & prepare yourself for the warm bundle of joy about to enter your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all a matter of being able to love & cherish the relationships you are in. Esspi - thank you.

    I feel that at one point we take advantage, but we also get taken advantage of. Thing that stinks is some more than others.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats