Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mornings Without You.

Those days that I’d wake up next to you finally falling asleep. Or in the middle of the night to you watching shows while your arm was around me. The days where I’d get up, get ready & kiss you good-bye, but it really was “see you later”. All the moments where I was able to wake up & kiss you in the middle of the night, curl up closer to you. They’re gone now, I had to get used to sleeping alone. At first it was hard, I wasn’t able to do it, I had to create something to replace the warmth of your body, the way you held me. A big body pillow, a Hello Kitty teddy bear, all just to hope that I wouldn’t be alone at night, to feel safe when I sleep.

All those days are gone. I’ve had to learn to cope with it, learn to be alone at night. All the memories clutter my dreams, while I sit here & hope that I will have that one day again.

5 comments:

  1. you'll get again. maybe not with the same person but possibly someone a 100 times better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that is so sweet. I hope you will find that special someone to replace that void. : )

    Thanks for stopping by my site, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SydneyRenee: You're right, I'm hoping that one day that does happen for me. Until then my memories are still there.

    Nicole: The void that I want to fill will one day come. But they can never replace the love I have for this person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. memories are good as long as they aren't slowly destroying you inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Syd - you're absolutely right. As long as we don't let it destroy us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats