Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stylists Straight Styling!

I am one lucky son of a gun to network with some amazing ladies. I especially follow & speak to beautiful fashionistas! When I was put in touch with Bhoranie, I had to share her with everyone. Her eye for combinations of colors & prints we wouldn't think of, her shop savvy ways & how helpful she is (not only because it's her job) to your pocket. Bhoranie is a stylist who not only makes you look good & shows you what is appealing, but she knows how to assist with your budget. She is today's feature because I honestly feel that since we all get dressed every day we can always add something new to our wardrobe.
_____________________________________________________________
Your Name: Bhoranie Seide (pronounced Bore -Rah-Knee)

A brief bio about you: I'm from Orlando, Florida, recently moved to New York last year to build and grow my styling company, Unveiling Style which I launched in 2010. Before moving I graduated with my degree in Business. Wanted to step out in faith and move to New York for more opportunities!

How did your start? I started as an intern for another stylist in Orlando, who gave me a opportunity to assist her in shoots. From assisting her for fashion show productions to shoots for magazines etc. 

What does your work consist of? My work consists of a lot of; research, running errands, returning pieces and checking out new emerging designers daily.

What is your inspiration for your work? My inspiration for my work is coming from all walks of life. Especially living in New York, you often get inspiration from many people on the street.  I also think being original is so inspirational. Being organic comes from within and I often try to display that in my work.

In your perspective what are some easy ways to put pieces together? I say the easiest way to put pieces together is picking that one main piece in your closet, whether it's LBD, a top or skirt, to take it and dress it up. Or even go to what your feeling that morning when you wake up. Take a chance! Just don't go out looking crazy! lol Be creative!

What are some outfits that you have put together? I'd say rocking my huge wide legged pants with a top, which I cinched at the waist. I then placed a turban on my head for fun outfit. Another one of my outfits that i put together was a purple bodysuit underneath my high waisted shorts, which I got at a random thrift store for $3 bucks! I wore it with my leopard print bracelets and bag.

What are some do's & don'ts of styling? The do's of styling: do have a lot of options, have a styling kit always on set, do have patience! Don'ts of styling: cannot be lazy because you have to do a lot of running around and complaining!

Any suggested places people should shop? I suggest shopping in stores at location or online that have unique pieces like Topshop, Asos.com, Aquabyaqua.com. I've been in thrifting for a long time now and bought a unique blazer for about $5 four years ago and it's my favorite blazer that I still wear till this day. I recommend thrifting if you like to dig for vintage gems. Shopping at consignment shops can be a good thing too especially if your looking for a statement piece!

[Are there any photos or videos you'd like to add]  I done a styling video back in 2010 with Fall trends, I plan doing more videos in the near future. 

What are others ways of contacting you/blogs to follow? You may contact me by email, Twitter, Facebook and my blog. contact@unveilingstyle.com Twitter: @UnveilingStyle www.facebook.com/unveilingstyle and www.unveilingstyle.com/blog

 _____________________________________________________________

UGH! & HER HAIR!
As I always say, get to know people, follow someone new. If you're interested in her services contact her, she's always willing to help anyone out. :)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool video! She's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhornanie is an amazing talent and beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats