Tuesday, February 28, 2012

02282012

I've been feeling a bit "down" recently. Maybe it's because of the fire in the apartment, or some disappointments, but for the most part it's not how I want to feel. My heart feels heavy, but I'm not weighed down by it, just upset.

Last week's fire left us with no hot water, no heat, no gas. Come to find out that the fire department, or insurance never put our gas back on for our floor. How did I find that out?! Well, I called the electrical company because not only was I tired of it, but the girls kept getting pissed off about it. So of course, I was just getting annoyed & aside from contacting our landlord, I contacted the electrical company. The Friday before the Sunday that the electrical/gas company came, my father attempted to fix the situation; put our boiler back on. It wasn't turning on so he suggested that I call. Finally when I did on Saturday, they came Sunday morning. When I found out what wasn't done I was just really urked by everything. Everyone started to just bother me. Good news is we got it up & running! Bad news is that it took that long for one of us to get it taken care of.

Saturday we visited Isis Jade. She is Jazz's newest addition to her family, but she definitely became a part of Steff & mine. She is the cutest little thing in the world. I have photos of her that I have to get up. I tried to keep thinking about her as Sunday came rolling in, especially with all the emotions that were flowing. I can't even get into that because it's another reason why I'm still just drained.

Right now, currently, I feel like there is so much that has to be done. Our wall in our living room is still boarded up with plastic covering it. It's like the insurance is going to take forever to approve everything for it to get fixed. There is also too much estrogen in one house for me. I wish the guest room was set up so I could lock myself in, let my mind, my body & everything be freed. With those feelings I need to get over how ungrateful & unappreciative people are. It's crazy how you just sit back & notice that those you give an arm & a leg to, they don't do it for you, but do it for someone who isn't as "important" as you thought you were. I don't need the world, thank you's are fine, but under some circumstances I shouldn't be the one giving 99%.

Anyways, besides my little rant....
I hope everyone is doing well. That people are smiling & continue to smile as I do even through all the bull crap of emotions that I feel.

One more thing, if you could all help me with a few things:

  1. I need some ideas on what to cook. If there's food made at home, I'm normally the one cooking & I need some new ideas on what to cook so I don't get bored of cooking, or even just completely lost. I need new ideas for things that can be made, or what I should try to make. Any idea on ways to cook it, or styles, or marinates would be great!
  2. I also need some ideas on a chore chart. I want a nice one to put on the fridge so everyone does their part. I want to make it creative & easy to switch the chores each week so not everyone is doing one of the same thing. We should all switch up on taking out the garbage, on cooking, on cleaning certain parts of the house & washing the dishes, bathroom, etc.The only thing I have done recently was get a cute grocery list from Urban Outfitters that I hope will help. Everyone checks off what we need for the house & everyone puts in the same amount of money at the first & the middle of the month to go grocery/toiletry shopping.
Please if you have any ideas for the above, please feel free to e-mail me, or leave a comment below.

P.S. Don't forget about the "All About You" photo challenge that is up. You have until Sunday, March 4th at midnight. Good luck!

xo's - Ahlexandria

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're feeling down, hun ☹. Hope things get better, I know how it is to feel that way.

    As for the chores, I think you should list all of the chores & just rotate the people who do those specific chores every week. IDK how many people you live with but for example, person A does the kitchen for a week (sweeping, wiping counters and table etc), person B takes care of the bathroom, person C takes out the trash, etc for the week & everyone just rotate chores every week. I personally think people should wash their own dishes though. I HATE doing dishes for anyone other than myself, daughter & my man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ESSPI! Ugh....tragic let me tell you, but I have these moods where I'm here & there. As for the chores we are trying to find the best way. I will post what we have come up with so far.

      Delete
  2. *bigHUGS* sorry that they never put the gas back on your floor until you called! They are so unprofessional for not even notifying you guys that. At least you guys got it turned back on though it took a while.

    Aw I can't wait to see Isis Jade!

    I hate it when you do your best to help someone, and they don't do it back in return or doesn't appreciate the fact that you tried. Honestly, I don't know why they are still living in this world. Plus, didn't their parents teach them any manners?! -_- hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things were absolutely crazy I swear. It's more of a take it day by day thing. I will update on what we did to improve things & I have to post the photos of little Isis Jade.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about what happened to you and your new home, it was VERY unprofessional on their part but whats done is done and you can move on from it with a mental note to never let it get to that point.

    <3

    I went on a SEARCH for you and your chores idea and I found this site that has a little section on chores ideas and other things that are helpful. http://www.howdoesshe.com/ is the site, just go on Run A Household? category and scroll through it. Hope this is helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercedes - Thank you for taking the time to comment. You're right it does stink, our new home & the things that are going on have been a downer BUT we can only keep going day by day!

      I am beyond grateful for the search you went through for me. We are still a bit rocky when it comes to the chores, but for the most part we have a calender that is on the fridge and everyone marks down what they did for the day, or we write in advanced what to do for the week. I'm going to try that website to see what else can improve this chore process! BLAH. lolll.

      Thank you once again though. <3

      Delete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats