Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh Melody!

Oh goodness the lack of updates on here. Besides an interesting & fun weekend for Steffy's birthday, also getting sick out of no where & on $80 (which I still can't get over) worth of medicine, I'm trying to just rest up. I do apologize everyone for the lack of posts, but I can not slack off on the features. :]

As you all know I am a more "put things together that I think look nice" kind of girl, but also get ideas from some beautiful women with amazing style. The one thing I love about my feature for today is that she finds things at insanely good prices & puts them together in a simple way. It's never too complicated, it's nice solid tones, or prints that can just be paired well together.

Melody happens to be one of my favorite fashionistas. Besides the fact that she is completely creative & sews her own clothes in school, she knows how to help you out when you're on a budget. Even if she's not a stylist, she shows people what can be done at a low cost with her outfit of the days (OOTD).

__________________________________________________________

Blog Name: MelodiousStyle 
Your Name: Melody Rivera 
A brief bio about you: I'm a 20 year old fashion student from Orlando, Fl. I attend the International Academy of Design and Technology. I'll be graduating May of 2013. 

What does your blog consist of? My outfits of the day. 

What is your inspiration for your work? Everything and everyone around me. 

What is one goal that you've accomplished recently? Getting on the Dean's List at school. I've worked hard for the grades I have. 

What are some original pieces you've created? I've made things such as dresses, high waisted shorts, a blazer, and a cardigan etc. for final projects for various classes. 

What are some of your favorite outfits you've put together? I'd probably have to say the simple ones. But I am excited to see what outfits I put together in the future because my style is evolving. 

Any suggested places people should shop? Thrift stores. It's great finding unique pieces that you know no one else will have. You just have to be patient and have an open mind while looking around. 

What would you say to people (whether it's life related, or anything)? I would say to never give up on any goals or dreams you may have. No matter how hard things may get, or how unattainable the goals may seem, as long as you stay strong and keep pushing forward, you can do anything. 

         Others way to get in touch with you besides your blog? 
·  My personal blog: http://freelymelody.tumblr.com
__________________________________________________________

No wonder she's my lover! Brilliant, stylist & beyond stunning! LAWD. <3

Definitely take the time to check her out & follow her. Add her to your daily reads & get to know Melody. She's a sweet gal I tell yah, very sweet. & just a heads up: SHE LOVES PENPALS! ;]

3 comments:

  1. I love her fashion blog!
    I really like the feature thing you got going on, good idea!
    Oh yeah, I changed your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH LA LA! :) This is so awesome & fancy. I wish it could still be a pop up comment section. Either way, it's lovely. :]

      Delete
  2. She is adorable! very pretty and I love her style :]

    I also love that she shops as thrift stores! so do i

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats