Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fire Aftermath.


Yupp, that's our apartment there. That's how it looked when I first walked in. Now it has wooden boards & plastic covering it. Not exactly what you'd expect to happen, something that was completely unexpected. There was an electrical shortage in the wall which had flames on the outside of the living room window/wall to go up in flames & flames coming into the apartment. Our fire escape, as we were told, is too weak to walk on.

The worst part of all of this is the fact that we just moved in a month ago, we have new things coming in within the next week & we have to wait for our wall to be cleared by insurance to fix & then we have to repaint. Thank goodness the amount of paint we purchased was more than enough! The other downfall of all of this is that the inspectors kept the furnace of the building off. There's no heat, gas or hot water. Does anyone know what it's like to wash in cold water when it's only 40 degrees outside?! Not fun at all! Thank goodness for the people who have been helping us & offering us a shower. We do have electric in the house, but to spend money on a heater, then a hot plate so we can cook? Yeah right. So I'm asking around to see who has an extra one.

Anyways, that's enough sad news for one post. Updates:
  • I am going to create & sell some studded/spiked iPhone cases once product comes in.
  • I plan on having another photo challenge, which I hope brings about more entrees.
  • I also plan on having a contest & give away within the next two weeks as well.
  • Making earrings have been on hold, but they're going to be back in the next month.
  • Keys is doing a lovely give away on her blog right now. Check that out & enter!*

Aside from all of that, I hope everyone is enjoying their week & it's going a bit better than ours, or at least mine. I want to thank you all once again for your blessing, support & kind words to help me & the ones I love get through this slump.

6 comments:

  1. OMG Ahlex, I am so sorry about your apartment. I hope that walls gets fixed ASAP and your hot water, heater, etc turns back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I'm glad you guys are okay. Look at your poor house, I'm sorry love. Hopefully, things return to normal soon. Its not fun living without utilities like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really does suck that this happened, but like everyone's said, as long as you guys are okay that'd what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sad. i'm glad you guys are okay though. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. *thought i posted already, if i did - ignore this!-
    i'm SO grateful and glad that you all are okay! and i hope everything that goes along with the damage gets fixed as soon as possible especially with it all being so uncontrollable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your apartment. It must suck big time. I hope they fix the problem soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats