Thursday, July 26, 2012

Let's Try To Be Positive!


Ever feel like you need some guidance? Something to help you remind yourself that it's ok, that it will be ok, that you just have to keep moving forward?

Lately, that's what I feel I've been needing. I've been reading so many books, all these books have such great quotes, things that are affirmations in being a better me. Although they aren't who I am, there are things that I can pick from it. One book Tweak by Nic Sheff, it has a part where it tells you to constantly tell a higher power (whoever it may be), "Thank you for giving me this day! Thank you for keeping me positive! Thank you for allowing me to see more & grow!" The book is about the actual author & his addiction to drugs, how he relapsed, what it took for him to come off of it. It's a lot of back & forth with what his life once was & what it is in that current state in the moment. He was told the more he says this & reminds himself, the more it will become a daily habit & he will believe in it.

Above you see a positive affirmation that I have found. I am sharing it with everyone so you know to always stay positive. Whether it's for you or for someone else...it can help you entirely. In Tweak it says that some times it is so much better to help others because it helps us remain at a sane state & help ourselves. Now don't get me wrong, we don't want to over-extend our kindness because some people take advantage of it. Even when that happens though it's something we take in as a growing experience. Those who do not appreciate you, who can not be loyal & not stay true to who they have made themselves to be, they are not someone who has to be around for you. POSITIVE THINKING!

I can be in the biggest hole, but I won't let the people around me have to carry that as their burden. I rather share when need be & listen to them & be there for them. Being there for them allows me to relate, to know they have someone by their side. Despite the people who have screwed me over, who still owe me money & don't give it to me, the people who walk all over me, who can say they hate me without knowing me...I will still continue to grow & prosper & be a better me. There are plenty of things that can drag me down, bring my mood completely down, but I refuse to let them control my entire being. I am going to remind myself that no matter what you have to think positive. Eventually that outlook will bring about great things. PATIENCE!


What are some things you could be more positive about?

3 comments:

  1. This post is amazing! I can relate to every single word you said on here. It's great that you stay positive when all else fails. I wish I could do this!
    I think I need a reminder. a Daily one at that!
    I'm sorry about the problems you are going through but trust me, good comes to those who wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could def. be more positive about life as a whole! Tweak kinda has the same message as the secret does. it gets so hard to be positive for me but at the end of the day, i need to keep pushing it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I'll have to check that book out. I'm a huge believer in positive affirmations, the law of attraction, self-fulfilling prophecies, etc. I live by it, I don't even let my friends say anything negative about themselves around me lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats