Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fridge Love!


Steff & I have two dry-erase stick on boards on our fridge. One of them is a calender that is on the front to mark what is due, the trash/recycle dates, anything important, or even in the notes section what we need to buy. It helps us keep track of everything, as well as what needs to be done. On the side of the fridge where our stove is there is a blank one. We used to write down quotes, which we throw on here & there, but now we write down our goals for the week.

We have been trying to figure out positive ways to keep ourselves on track:
1) Taking your "work" clothes, or the clothes you wore that day off when you get in helps you throw everything prior to being in your relaxing state out of the window. You don't have to worry much or fret about "Ugh! Fucking aggravated" without being in a more comfortable & relaxed state. Definitely something I suggest a lot of people to do.
2) Being able to write up a schedule for yourself for the week on what you want to accomplish. We have found it very helpful. Each Sunday while cooking dinner we write down what it is we want to do. Steff does such a great job while I'm cooking dinner. We kill two birds with one stone.
  • Working out at least 4 times this week. - It is important to stay healthy. I cook healthy food, but that just isn't enough some times. Any activity that involves exercise, even a 15 minute walk counts. Walking to the train, walking from the train, walking city blocks, walking up & down the stairs instead of the escalator. It's all about changing up certain habits & making them work for you. While I am cooking I will work out on the side. It just helps me do everything that I need to.
  • Finish book by the end of the week. - I just finished Point Of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. It's the sequel to the book Slammed. It's very good, must say. Already started to continue on another book since I finished that one so quick. Almost 12 books in the past 2 months! Gives me an outlet.
  • Cook a new meal. - I've been trying to switch it up entirely & just try new things. I ended up making a cabbage/veggie dish for this week that came out great. I really should start posting my meals.
  • Yoga 1x - It's a way of exercising, but also helps relieve tension. Tension is something I have a lot of lately, that and stress. I'm just trying to find tons of ways to keep myself sane.
  • Take pills every day! - Vitamins, supplement pills, whatever it is that you take to keep a healthy lifestyle is important. Some times we are in such a rush that we forget. I had to remind myself "TAKE THE DAMN PILLS!". So between pills for my stomach my doctor suggested to help one of my health issues, to women's vitamins, I am doing what it takes & hopefully it all works out well.

What are some goals you wanted to reach this week? If you could create a list of goals what would they be?

2 comments:

  1. I love how you girls are trying to bring more positivity into your lives. I am on the same path. And you're right, working out does help! It gives the boost of energy that I need to start my day right, and take my ass to work lol. And... Yo, did you take your pills today?! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ahlex! I also need to make a goals list. I have a lot of goals I need to write down and lists. I'm glad you shared this because now I can get on it :)
    I also want to start taking pills everyday too but don't know which ones are good. which ones are you taking?
    Yoga is so fun! I've always wanted to try it and I also need to get on reading again too. I was suppose to do the 12 books in 12 months and I haven't even finished the 1st one "/


    welp... great post again & thanks for the inspiration :*

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats