Sunday, July 22, 2012

Burnt Our Fingers!

Although we did, the meal came out better than we imagined. Even though we tried sticking to using the whole wheat wraps to create our delicious meal and it ended up messy, we definitely loved the outcome.

I always get recipes from AllRecipes.Com & this one happened to be one I was interested in. We had to switch it up, as we always do & try something completely different. There are times where we make the same concept, but change it up with the seasonings.

Tonight's meal was shredded chicken tacos. There's tons of ways to make shredded chicken, but we had a preseasoned chicken in a bone in the bag. They're delicious because honestly if you're in a rush all you have to do is thaw it & throw it in the oven. I had to season it myself though to give it the extra flavor I like. It's really simple to make, just need to have the time & the patience. You don't have to follow the recipe exactly, they are there to just give you ideas. Adding whatever spices, vegetables you like & giving it your own touch. Obviously I didn't make tacos like the recipe & I made it a bit healthier.

Not only did we cook a new meal today, especially the delicious meal Steff made us for lunch. But once again we wrote our goals for the week. Continuing with some of last weeks goals I added:
  • Continue to take part in A.Keys photo challenges.
  • Blog at least two more times this week.
  • Buy something under $5.
  • Thrift!
I think they're pretty fair on top of the same ones from last week. Pushing myself to stay focused on the goals also helps me keep my mind off of things.

What are you goals for this week?
What are some meals you've been interested in cooking?


7 comments:

  1. I'm coming over for dinner, lol.
    That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh my goodness. that looks so good! I want to jump into that second picture LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Darianne. I'm coming over for dinner too! Your cooking always looks so good :)
    Steff is lucky to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazingly good! like REALLY good lol
    love that you switched it up to make it a bit healthy though. love that. i always wantd to get into thrifting but i always get so overwhelmed and end up leaving LOL. it's horrible. i am the worse shopper ever - unless its grocery shopping. my goals would be
    - breakfast breakfast breakfast EVERY MORNING.
    - post a lot of photos i have laying around.
    - work out more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH and! the meals i'm getting more interested in coooking is any type of vegetable to be roasted. and cooking with fish! since its something i'm not that familiar with

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cooking , that just made me super hungry !!

    I made turkey burgers last night from ground turkey, with guacomole on them for the first time & it was amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMmy! I so need to cook these this week!

    This week I'm cooking everyday and trying 2 new recipes!

    Stoked!

    http://www.kimberlyluxe.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats