Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Apartment Update!

Instagram photo of my photography now up with my bed.
We've been at the apartment for 6 months in a few days! I can't believe it's honestly been 6 months already. I expected so much more to be done to the place, a guest room set up, a kitchen table, a new sofa for the living room & stands. I will say the fire in February was a set back as well as a temporary addition to live with us for two months, but I guess it's really no excuse for all the things in the guest room not being put away. We have been either exhausted, or lazy.

I know there are a lot of things I don't need to sort through & can just put away into the nook of the hall, but it's a matter of dragging it all there. As for furniture I guess money becomes the issue. Once I get the money back & Steff & I figure how we will contribute to things then I guess we'll finish it all out.

I'm disappointed in the progress, it really is a sad thing. All of this though takes efforts from us both so hopefully we can come together & make this place look nice. Over the course of the next month I really would like my money to get back to where it's supposed to so that I can invest it into the apartment. The only thing I have to worry about are the usual monthly bills, I don't owe anyone anything. Well, with the exception of just a little bit more on a credit card that I have been paying off. YAY ME! :) The only thing I can't imagine is staying there another year & not having everything already so we can then have small things fixed in the house.

As for my room, it is my personal space & it is where I would like it to be for now. I don't want to do much else. Simple space like I wanted.. I think both of us have our rooms to where we would like it at, so hopefully we can start getting the rest of our place up to par. lol

So goals (at least on my list lol):
Guest room -
  • My mom gave me a mattress to go with a frame that I already have purchased & need to bring to the apartment.
  • Getting the clutter out, putting things away & storing them all.
  • Get a nice little desk for the office part of the guest room once it's clean.
Living room -
  • New sofa for us to just lounge & chill at so we're not always in our rooms.
  • A nice little fan to keep us cool while we watch TV.
  • A new stand for the TV.
  • Some decorative items for the living room.
  • Frame & hang the painting that I purchased for the place.
  • Print out some photography to hang up in the living room.
  • A huge area rug so we can just be barefoot all the daggon' time.
  • Put the curtains up that came down from the fire.
Kitchen -
  • Invest into a kitchen/dining table that fits lovely.
  • Get curtains for the windows so it looks like a home.
  • Get a weather strip for the bottom of the kitchen/fire escape door.
Bathroom -
  • Hang pictures up to give it a nice cute feel.
  • Maybe add a small mirror on one of the walls.

Lets hope that some of this will be crossed off the list by the end of August.

2 comments:

  1. Your apartment is so adorable! I'd love to see it in person one day :)
    I ♥ the artwork you put up. it looks amazing!!!
    I also love the goals you set for the apartment. pretty inspiring and fun!!! I cannot wait to see a FULL tutorial on how everything is going to turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your bedroom looks, and the photograph just makes it look that much doper. I know everything will come together, can't wait to see how it ends up ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats