Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Appeasing August.



ap·pease

[uh-peez]  Show IPA
verb (used with object), ap·peased, ap·peas·ing.
1. to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe:
to appease an angry king.
2. to satisfy, allay, or relieve; assuage: The fruit appeased hishunger.
3. to yield or concede to the belligerent demands of (a nation,group, person, etc.) in a conciliatory effort, sometimes atthe expense of justice or other principles.


Copied the above from Dictionary.Com. Why I decided to use that word should state much of itself. I want this month to bring about a change, but in a sense that it helps me. Although I could list the many goals for this month, I rather stick to weekly goals that can be targeted easily. Aside for the goals that have been made for the apartment, I have several that I will continue to strive for myself.

Along with everything that I have been putting together personally & even with my blog, I have been an avid member of Key's photo challenges. She brings out different themes to take photos of, but at the same time it's about how you take the picture to feed the eye. Everyone has their own way of using their camera, or even of how they view beauty. What I love about her challenges is that not only does it help us as photographers, it helps her as a photographer. She gets a description of why we chose that photo, but she can also view it in a different light as well as the other followers that view her posts.

I started to become extremely into the idea of photo challenges. I was looking up different challenges on Tumblr & then Googled a few. Comes to find out there is a popular blog, Fat Mum Slim, who does them every single month. I considered doing the daily challenge but through Instagram aside from the weekly one I already participate in. There are so many challenges that can be done aside from photography & I wanted to see if I could even keep up with them. The only downfall is going through it half way. There are some days you feel more inspired than others!


But really, it's August already. Eight months into the year which means the holidays are about to be right around the corner. I will probably say this again in another post & I know I've mentioned it before but time surely does fly!


& while I have the same continuous goals & challenges that I am trying to create for myself, I hope you are all doing the same & enjoying every day as they come.


What do you have planned for August?


*Please check out the links above. :)

5 comments:

  1. I like that word. I'll definitely be using it more often!

    Fat mum slim's monthly challenges are amazing! I did it one month and it went great. I think you should try it :]
    Key's challenge is also great. I plan on going through with it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the year has definitely flown by! When we were younger time seemed to move by slower, or is it just me? I am the same as you, I tend to make goals that can be reached soon. I mean of course we all have the goals that take a long amount of time to reach, but you know what I mean lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. I wish you a wonderful August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore you! SO VERY MUCH!
    i love that the summer is flying by but i want life to somewhat slow down, does that make any sense? and i hope all you want to happen this month will play out just fine

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing really for me to plan for this month. I've been thinking of picking up some challenges once school comes around, but I'd have to see how that'd work since I'll be working, going to school, and etc. Phew.

    I can't believe this year is going by really fast! It's crazy how one minute it's January, the next it's August. Dang.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats