Sunday, June 3, 2012

Slackers Of All Slackers!

The sunset along the beach of our hotel (RIU Guanacaste) Costa Rica.

Can't deny how much of a blogging slacker I am. But what can I say...I get busy, I get lost, there are times that I just don't know what to say. I've been trying to figure out what to write about but honestly what is it that will keep readers interested? Then I remember, BE MY DAMN SELF! So here I go making all the attempts again....

My golden birthday was on the 24th of May. Golden birthday = the year you turn the age of the date you were born. To think that I'm really 24...lets hope I can look 21 & under. lol. As always I go away with my friend Milly, as tradition, to a new country each year. This year Steff came along with us which was pretty damn fun. I always plan where to go & what I love is that who I travel trusts where I choose & are always down for it! This year I chose Costa Rica.

Costa Rica is a country filled of rain forests, volcanoes, friendly people & beautiful wildlife. It was interesting to learn that they do not have four seasons like we do, but two. They have a dry season where everything is brown, then a rainy season where it can rain for four days straight. We ended up going during the cusp of both of their seasons. So while we were there it did rain, but we definitely ended up catching plenty of sun. Not only did we tan, we enjoyed our all inclusive drinks by the pool & unlimited food. Steff even built up the courage to zipline through the rain forest, which included a close to a mile long water slide in the rain forest, horse back riding to the other side of the rain forest & a spa like finale. We were literally in the steam of the volcano, then put mud all over us, to wash up & dip in the warm pool waters heated by the volcano. Wonderful way to end the trip.

If you don't travel you have to! It's one thing I do for my own sanity & to explore the world. Next year who knows where we'll end up going, but I do know I'm excited for little trips around the U.S. throughout this year.

Hopefully this was a good way to come back to my blog. More to come this week, including pictures.

Talk to you all soon. Hope all is well.
xo's - Ahlexandria

5 comments:

  1. I ♥ this photo of you!
    Costa Rica sounds like a great place to visit. You make it sound like the perfect retreat :]
    Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm so happy for you. Costa Rica seems absolutely breath taking. I know someone who regulars visits there and the way he discribes it is paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always miss your posts when you don't blog! but when i see you've update its like everything around me stops and i get here as quick as i can! haha

    sounds like you had an amazing time! SO GREAT! <3 cant wait to see other pictures because the one up there ^ is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna visit there now!
    I'm glad you had a great time.
    Lets see those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWW ! What an amazing trip and a great way to celebrate your bday!!! Glad you had a good time. That photo is beautiful, btw!

    -Chymere

    www.funkybeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats