Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh My God BECKY!

It's Tuesday & I'm updating my blog!
Let's see...what should I share?! Oh wait, I know!

WE MOVED INTO A NEW APARTMENT!!!
& let me just say there's a lot of work that is going into this apartment, a lot of decorating, cleaning, organizing, but so well worth it! I couldn't be happier with finding the place, seeing it & coming here to live. This is hopefully the place where no one feels they are going to go insane. I hope this is the place where we can come home to, kick it & just relax.

It's a two master bedroom, third room which will be the office/guest room, nice living room space, kitchen that leads to the very well sized bathroom. My closet is huge, but I still question how many things I have & not having the space to fit all these things. The only issue was the people who lived here prior to us. They were absolutely filthy & we're hoping that the paint, the new furniture, the art will all place it together.

So I wanted to share what the place looks like currently. With our vision we are hoping it's going to look gorgeous. The space so I can get a nice backdrop making do some shoots, the office/guest room so I can work on my jewelry & blog. With the money we are investing, how broke we are going to be, we are hoping this will all be worth it.

Using the Photosynth app I pieced together pictures of my room in the current state. There are things in here that won't be after we're done. When we got the cable & internet yesterday we set things up & the only room where you can sit is my room.
You can see I moved a bit when I was turning in a circle to use it, but it looks so cool when you're looking from the phone. The photo is going around the room how you take pictures of it. Here you just see it in how I took it & pieced it together.

Well as you can see: the bed color, the items that we have laying around, the door between my room & Steff's, the door to go in the hallway. The curtain we purchased Sunday, we moved in Saturday. The color of the room Jazz & I chose. Steff has a nice light hot coco color. We then used those two colors throughout the entire apartment. The fresh paint & new rug gave these rooms the life we needed. & the natural light is amazinnnng!

Anywaysssss....besides my excitement lol! I hope everyone has been doing good. Trust me I've been reading up on your blogs when I get the chance.

Tomorrow I will be getting questions together for the features. :)

xo's - Ahlexandria

If you haven't been following me on Twitter you should. I couldn't contain the excitement so I shared it there & posted a few photos.

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW APARTMENT!! :) I cannot wait til I have my own and/or move into with B. I hope everything falls into place with the new apartment. I love how it looks already! I really like the color you chose to paint the room. Very pretty.

    AHHHH I am so happy for you and Steff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting:-)
    I bet its really nice.
    I'm ready to get my own place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG CONGRATS! I can't imagine how good it must feel to be in a great space and call it your own! Im sure you are going to do great things as far as decorating etc but so far it looks like your home already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww congrats on the new place. I really really love your windows and how low they are. I want some too to re create a carrie vibe lol. Blog and look out my window. Can't wait to see what you do to the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAYY! that natural light is seriously something. beautiful! it looks great so far! can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh em gee! Congratulations on the apartment!!!

    It's really pretty. I love everything about it. especially the design on the walls :]

    I hope you do a FULL house tour once it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S where is it located?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello can I reference some of the material here in this entry if I reference you with a link back to your site?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies! :)
    The previous place we were staying at wasn't big enough for all three of us. We definitely needed a bigger place & when I found this listing & read the description I just wanted to see it. Once we went to see it we wanted it, so that's what we did.

    It's always nice to have a place to call your own. Although my mother's house will ALWAYS be my home. But the apartment is a step up from the last basement apartment. :]

    Liz, we've been texting so you've been getting the details. =X

    Keys, that is actually a picture at night. The natural light there's a picture on Twitter. I believe you saw it.

    Bri, Dari, Jenny - girls let me tell you this is a lot of work. The items I had before only fits a very small portion of the new place. It's leaving us broke. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the anonymous person (if you see this), I'd like to see what you're going to be linking it to. I wouldn't mind, just curious.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats