Saturday, November 12, 2011

Who Saves You?!

"Alex you sit there and try to help and save everyone, but who saves you?!"

I've been thinking about this since it's been said to me. It's not that there isn't someone to save me because there is, but I lie to pull the line when it comes to them wanting to help. I don't mind helping, I actually enjoying completely going out my way for others if I can. The person who told me this is right though "Not everyone cares about you, or how you feel. They will take this and use it to their advantage. It's about them before you." I know that some people are like that, I know some people just use kindness to their advantage, but I can't change who I am. Well I can, but I guess in a way I refuse to.

I like being kind, I love to give when I have & even if I don't I find a way to manage. That is something that makes me happy. "You put everyone before yourself and sometimes it has to be about you." Another thing they are once again right about. Things is I rather be the one hurt in the end then see others hurting. I rather know I was the one person who actually cared & that one person who did what I could in their life. Thing a lot of people don't realize is; I do notice when someone takes advantage of me. Those people get their one gulp of help, then from there I ease off completely. I still remain friendly but don't go out my way like I once did.

I know I may seem completely naive, but I can't help for caring about others. In the end who cares for me? Who saves me? There have been people who have gone out there way to help me, I just do not accept the help.

It's still lurking in my mind. I am just. . .STUCK on it!

7 comments:

  1. Boy is this relate able. I have the same issue with overextending my heart to help others, getting so worked up in making things better, and when shit hits the fan I'm the one left picking up those pieces sometimes alone.

    -le sigh-

    I've learned that its hard not being selfish but sometimes enough is just enough girl

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put other before yourself, people notice. They may not seem like they do, but they do. You'll be surprised!

    Id love for you to check out my blog and follow along, let me know and Ill be sure to follow you back!

    Cant wait,
    Summer-Raye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way girl , your not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe.
    I am the same way Ahlexandria but I think that's the adult/Independent nature in us. Sometimes is good to let someone help us even though we might feel like we owe them something. it's good to relax sometimes and let someone else take the reins ;)

    You're a wonderful girl. now let someone else do all the work and wooing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies are absolutely right & so supportive. Thank you so much for everything & being readers of my blog. You all do help out when it's needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is completely me minus the fact that i don't believe i have the person willing to do the saving! :( but sometimes, even when we don't want to admit it, it's what we need!i know that's what its like for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keys it really does get hard. It's like a back & forth & some times it just isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats