Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#2: See You Soon NY.

If anyone has followed me on Twitter and Instagram they know that I've made a huge move. Jes and I literally picked up and moved within a month to California. The story within itself is pretty hilarious, but we stuck to our word and we are making a home for ourselves here on the West Coast.

To just shed a bit of light on how it happened:
It was Jes' 24th birthday celebration one weekend and after one too many pitchers we decided that the best idea was to up and try something new. Due to some circumstances it was just about that time for the both of us. Drunken promises are really never kept between many people, but this one was one we were determined in January to make happen. So we officially decided on the 6th of January that it would be that time. We slowly broke it to our family then our friends. February 25th we were on a flight out to LAX and the rest is history.

As spontaneous as the move was, it definitely wasn't the easiest. Having to get rid of everything in your apartment, the place that you created into what you loved, it was hard. Leaving the lady of my life, my mom, all the way back home was another heart breaker. The craziest part of it all is that she was completely supportive of her only child taking this journey and experiencing her life just a little bit. I can't even begin to explain how blessed I am for that woman. The lack of friends wasn't easy, but we figured that we would just wing it all and see where it took us. Taking a risk entirely at a new life and I wouldn't change it.

There's this thing about moving farrrrrrrrrrr away; You end up opening your eyes to a lot of things. A LOT! I am grateful that I was strong enough to just up and go. I remember in 2009 I was going to do this same move, but that didn't happen as planned due to financial issues where I was planning on staying. NOW, it was all up to us. My mom was an large factor in making this a reality for us, but being over here having to battle it out is what shows you if you're capable.

The light shines through for you when you're distant. People booking flights right away to come visit whether it's just for a random weekend or even to celebrate your birthday. The attitude people have towards you because of strenuous situations or how they handle things when you are no longer in the picture. How life can just make a complete flip out of no where but the fact that you had some control over that change. It's unbelievable what you end up realizing. The action and words that follow through with one another or the ones that don't. Although it seems like it takes something so drastic, it was there the entire time.

Either way, New York will always be my home. The people I've met and shared parts of my life with will always be a part of my growing up and learning. My heart will always have a place on the East Coast. It was just time to live a little, try something out of the ordinary, act like I was really still in my 20's.

For now, I'll enjoy living a 15-20 minute walk down to the beach and the weather that SoCal offers me.

It's not goodbye, but it's more of a see you soon NY. Also, thank you. Thank you for everyone who has been there, who has given me the chance to experience and learn things that I never would have before.

Venice Beach - VSCO

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing and so spontaneously enriching. Visualize your success and it will follow you to not only the west coast but world wide for the universe loves evolving and you did just that. Get' em girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats