Friday, September 21, 2012

Insightful Friday.

Lately as you can see I've been just sharing words with everyone. I've been taking what I see & translating them into what my mind can relate it to & how I hope you could relate. All of these affirmations, words of wisdom have been helping me lately. I've been reading books that help me get through my day to day, feel some sense of freedom from the world. They've also been keeping me calm during stressful situations. Although I am not some "new found" person, I am changing within me, mentally. I still am me - but with more knowledge. All I hope is to share this with others.


This has been something that I am always skeptical about. When I say what I feel it hurts people's feelings or they get on the defensive end of things. It's like why should I hold things in when I feel some kind of way all because I should completely consider your feelings? When in reality you didn't consider me when you acted how for me to have to say something. I shouldn't be left with disappointments & feeling weighed down all because people aren't considerate of me, their friend, someone they "love & care" for.

Being disappointed is something we will always encounter. Being honest with people is what people can't seem to face, especially words that in turn can burn down their egos. Some times people do need a reality check because they can't think what they do is ok. If someone was loyal to you, a lot of damaged they have done wouldn't be done. If you stay true to them, they should stay true to you. When people start pulling back from their compromises & promises, or their words in general of who they said they were, they are not real. People like that need a lot of self evaluation. & the funny this I realized is a lot of these people depend on others without even knowing. They feel that they need so much of something because they don't come to terms with the difference between needing and wanting. Once again, self evaluation!

To I've been evaluating myself, to cleanse myself, to free myself up from negative energy. I've been saying what I've been feeling, defending what I feel is right. & even when it's done, especially done for people, the appreciation is far from there. Thing with me is I will not change who I am because of someone else. They will eventually get what is deserved for the mistreatment of others.

I wrote something on Tumblr last night. It ended up being the source of this blog today...
I can’t even begin to explain the appreciation lately. The fact that something so simple can prove so much to me. Not even knowing me for years & stepping up completely & showing me that there’s people who really value people.
I can’t help but continue to say thank you. Thank you for not being like people who are in & have been in my life. Even if this is temporary. It’s blown away the ones who are around.

I think that sums up a lot of my feelings lately too.

Even if it's a temporary encounter with the people who have stepped in my life, I can't thank them enough. Thank them for allowing me to say what I feel & for them to reciprocate. They have shared nothing but the truth with me (as far as I know) & I can say I've done the exact same thing. When I've been around them it's like a sigh of relief. No tension, no worries, just "it is what it is" & great times!

I have no idea what I'm trying to get through this post, but hopefully someone who reads it understands me. lol

Have a great Friday folks!
xo's - Ahlexandria

14 comments:

  1. I can understand you and relate to you A.
    Honesty and communication are traits a lot of people are missing, and some people don't even care anymore about hurting other people's feelings because they only care about themselves. Which should be our case but maybe we care too much to not care. I don't even know what I am saying anymore either. Maybe what I am trying to say is that you are a great person. People should value your friendship and those who don't I feel sorry for them. You should surround yourself with positive people, not people who bring you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always do Liz! You always know that there are some things that are harder than others but it's what we go through entirely. It's a matter of staying true to ourselves.

      Delete
  2. it's like the photo says exactly what my situation is currently about ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how something can relate to us so often. & that's what I hope to do is whatever I deal with or think, hopefully others can then relate to it themselves.

      Thank you for stopping by! You also gained a new follower. :)

      Delete
  3. " Being honest with people is what people can't seem to face, especially words that in turn can burn down their egos. "

    this gives SUCH life. i hate the feeling of having to hold anything back to spare someone else feelings & thats exacty why i do not do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KEYS!
      The fact that we're miles away & we can just take it all in from one another as if it's our own words. Lady you are inspiration within itself! Adore you!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's all easier said than done Elle. Thank you for passing by. Once again another follower you have gained for even taking the time out! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Larissa! I also started following yours. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this entry. So intimate and confirming that we do affect the lives of others no matter how temporary or permanent. Actions speak louder than words and I am happy that you are basking in such positive affirmations and feelings. It is a great feeling and I only wish for better things to come your way girl.

    I want to especially thank you for being so encouraging on my blog. It has meant the world to me.

    Are you also still interested in a logo design?

    xoxo,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I just did two posts so similar and it's great to know other people feel me and are at the same place. I too, feel a level of gratitude for a lot of things and the small things that people do.

    But when it comes to speaking to people about how I feel, I do tend to hold back because I know that they wont respond well to it or that they'll just get mad. But I've learned that you can't live for people and you can't deny yourself in order to accept others. So that's what I've been living by and trying to move forward with. Great lessons, affirmations, and real stories.

    Kimberly
    www.kimberlyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way every single day. I'm a very blunt and honest person and a lot of the time people cannot handle my honesty, which leads to friendships being shaken. There is nothing wrong with saying what you feel. Most of the problems that occur in friendships anyway are peoples inability to say what they feel and be truthful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to this; I should take your words with me and grow from them. A lot of the time I have been holding my tongue and holding back when I should step forward and just speak what's on my mind. It seems like everyone else around me ruthlessly says what they're thinking without considering anyone else's feelings...I may as well stop biting my tongue! Lol However, I know how to approach others with compassion to get my feelings across; I'm not a ruthless type.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I no longer have a Facebook account, Tumblr, or even an Instagram at the moment, I still find time to browse through some of my favorite sites and blogs. And, but of course, my sweet Ahlexandria, you definitely have created one of the enjoyable ones I read and relate too. I'm in a way happy that today of all days I decided to check up on your blog and I see your going through dilemmas with a close friend. I feel the exact same way. It's as though I'm on the verge of losing one of my closest friends, it's sad, depressing really. But I don't believe she is concerned with the lose, her ability to cut people out of her life is even more depressing to think of. But I haven't allowed it to take over. I too want to remove all negativity within my life, i.e. why I'm a mini pot yea. And I don't think that I will fight for a friendship in the end that someone is so easily able to forget about. But I hope your doing alright, that you and your roommate are able to come to a peaceful rekindling, and that you don't lose someone significant to your life.

    PS: You have reaffirmed my belief in not living with close friends. Somehow, it ruins the relationship

    Muah! Ciao Bella.

    -Yamira aka Yummi lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats