Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book Club!

I came up with some random idea & decided why not start a book club. I came up with it today while reading through the books that other people suggested. I figured it would be a nice fun way of sharing how we interpret a good read with someone else. It also seems great because everyone can suggest books to read & we all take part in something we wouldn't normally pick up ourselves.

I put together a group in my e-mail to send out newsletters & follow up with the people who decided to join. There is still more room for more people, I can always add anyone to the list & send them the first newsletter that I sent out yesterday.

Our first read will be

A friend suggested this book to me & I read the reviews & summary of it. There are some mixed feelings on the book, but I had to read it for myself. It's nice that the group is filled with different people & readers because it will make it interesting to see how they feel about the book.

If you are interested in joining & know anyone else please feel free to e-mail me, or leave a comment with your e-mail address. I will add you to the group & send the first newsletter that I sent tonight. On May 16th we will do a follow up with everyone via e-mail blast or chat of the first 6 chapters. I am trying to give everyone enough time in their schedules to get the book, read it & fit in time for this & their lives. lol

The book shouldn't cost more than $10 if you're willing to purchase it. Also, I suggest that everyone support their local libraries and borrow the book. You can't go wrong with getting a used book, or having it on the mean time. If you end up enjoying it you can always purchased it later on.

Happy reading!
Hopefully more people will become "members".

5 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read that book! But i never have time to read cause I'm in college :/ I might have time over the summer though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea :) Joc.gonzalez90@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing idea! ^_^ I'm so glad you came up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down if my library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book clubs are fun!
    I wish I had the time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, critique, advice, even a hello is always welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
xo - Ahlexandria


Follow Me :)
Twitter | Instagram | VSCO | Tumblr

#SCBE SmallChicksBigEats